Do you want to help women who can’t conceive on their own to become mothers? As an egg donor, you can! If you are healthy and pass the required medical tests working with the IVF physician, you can make someone else’s dream of carrying and giving birth to a child come true. Women who are eligible to donate eggs are between 21 and 29, healthy and fertile.
Do you tick all the above boxes? Great! Let’s discuss the next steps to becoming an egg donor.
- Apply to become a donor – Seems obvious, but it entails completing some forms and answering some questions. If you are a likely candidate, the team at Egg Donor Inc will contact you to discuss the way forward.
- Review and approval – In this stage, you will need to have a gynecological and physical exam, urine and blood tests, complete a family and medical history, and undergo a psychological evaluation. This important step helps ensure that you can donate healthy, viable eggs.
- Recipients request you – Once you are accepted, and a profile has been created for you, a recipient can request you as a donor.
- Recipients select you – Now starts a journey that can last between six weeks and four months. The full process is described in more detail on the egg donation process page.
- Egg donation – Success! You have donated a viable egg that can be used to give the gift of life.
- Embryo implantation – Sometimes couples who have success working with an egg donor, may request the same donor to have a second child. If so, and you agree, the process will repeat.
Many of the successful applicants – as many as 10,000 women apply to be egg donors in any given year – will donate multiple eggs. Approved donors can receive between $6,500 and $15,000 in financial compensation for their commitment and effort. First-time donors receive $6,500, while repeat donors will receive more for following cycles. In addition to the fee, we will reimburse expenses incurred such as travel and the associated costs.
Since egg donation is a matter of the heart rather than the intellect, many donors feel that the compensation is not their primary motivation. Being able to help a childless couple to have children ranks much higher.
Do you feel ready to start the magical journey to co-create the miracle of life? Simply complete our easy online registration to begin the process to become an egg donor.